Re: IML: 1967 imperial front shock replacement

I replaced the front shocks in my 69 Lebaron last year. I had a similar problem and ended up cutting off the top of the threaded rod on the shock to get the new ones in. More work that I expected.

----- Original Message -----
From: ajl
Subject: IML: 1967 imperial front shock replacement
Date: Tue, 04 Apr 2006 22:09:14 -0400

I replaced the rear shocks on my 1967 Imperial.
I have removed the front shocks, (had to cut
the top bolts off to remove them).

I was able to get the shocks out, I think the
reduction in top of the shock from cutting it
off allowed me to barley get them out.

I cannot get the new ones in. I have them
compressed and wired in to condense the length,
but cannot get it up in the housing of the car.
The manual does not state that anything special
has to be done. But for the life of me I cannot
get them in.

Has anyone else changed their shocks on their 67 or 68?

Anthony

This message was sent to you by the Imperial
Mailing List. Please reply to
mailing-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and your response
will be shared with everyone. Private messages
(and attachments) for the