Re: IML: New purchase-1969 LeBaron 4-door

Re: IML: New purchase-1969 LeBaron 4-door

"V. Scott Senter" <vssenter@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Dear Imperialists:  Saved another one from the derby demons.  Owner had two offers to destroy this one!
Congratulations!  And THANKS for saving another fine Imperial.  :o)

2)  The middle power seat button is missing (forward/back), can I replace just the button or does the whole seat switch need to go?
Just replace the whole switch.  The same seat switch was used for several years on a BUNCH of different Mopar products, so finding one should be relatively easy.

3) Brake booster was replaced by a shop and bled, but no power boost now.  Hissing when pedal pressed hard.  Stopping is a leg workout.  Bad booster?
You got it.  If you can hear the hiss and the pedal is stiff, the diaphram inside the booster has torn.  These can be rebuilt, and I think you can buy a replacement at NAPA or other stores.  The last time one went bad on me, I was coming down an exit ramp at 75+ mph.  Nice little surprise at that very moment!

4) Autotemp blows only hot (like full heat on) air, no matter what the temperature dial is set at.  OOHH how I wish this had manual air (and both floor vents).
It can take a while to sort out the AutoTemp system, but it CAN be done.  You'll want a shop manual for sure, but also take a look at the AutoTemp Diagnosis and Testing manual at http://www.imperialclub.com/Repair/Lit/Master/245/index.htm

And just for clarification, the AutoTemp system was used from '68 (late '67) to '70, and is quite different than the AutoTemp II system used from '71-'73.

Good luck!

Elijah

Imperial Power Window Switch Repair

The Imperial Bookshelf - Repair/Shop Manuals, Parts Books, History & More!

My Collection of Imperials
1965 Imperial LeBaron
1967 Chrysler Newport Custom Sedan
1970 Imperial LeBaron