IML: 1961 Blue Crown 4dr Cloth Seat Covers

IML: 1961 Blue Crown 4dr Cloth Seat Covers

Hi James & all blue interior '61 Crown 4dr folk,
If anyone has the need, Wildcat Wrecking here near Portland has a set of
blue cloth/leather seats in a '61 Imperial Crown 4dr. The seats were covered
in clear plastic that has disolved revealing a potentially usable set of
seats -for having sat outdoors in a parts car for years.
They are of questionable use and without doubt, expect rusty frames/springs
and mildew/water damage and brittle fabric. A nice piece of the metallic
blue leather on the seat caught my eye, then I looked under the yellowed,
dried up clear covers and saw some still nice fabric though not w/o problems.
If someone could make use of a seat project, some
cleaning, replacing the worst of it with SMS fabric and new foam and some new
clear plastic covers, it could make for some nice looking seats.
-FYI

Eric
Portland, Oregon
New Subscriber(s): James Woody
Email Address is: thewoodmiester@xxxxxxxxxxx
Member Location: Boise, Idaho

Car(s) owned: 1961 Crown 4-dr.

Self-Introduction: Just bought a 61 Imperial with plans to restore it. The
worst of it is the interior. I used to own a 56 Cornet Lancer 2-dr, My
friends had a 60 Imperial 4-dr and a 60 Fury 2-dr. Just another big fin geek
I guess.