IML: Please Welcome Karl Bock

New Subscriber(s): Karl Bock Email Address is: karlsmail@xxxxxxxxxxx Member Location: Southern Oregon

Car(s) owned: 1960 Imperial Custom

Self-Introduction: I have restored multiple cars. Starting with a 1959 Ford Farlane four door that I started when I was 14. My father bought it for me out of a field for $50 in in 1980. I had to get it running before I could have my drivers licence. Great lesson and the begining of my hobby. By the way I got my licence when I was 16. Since then I have restored a 65 Chevrolet truck, a 57 Ford Farlane, a 26 International Panel (sold it before I finished it), and a 65 Mustang. I have streat rodded a 1982 Camaro and a 76 Camaro.
I fell in love with the Imperial I just bought. I am in the process of resoring it to original. It has all the original parts. (just needs a little help) I have done most of the research like colors and such, I am still doing the search for odd parts. Some of my part were a bit rusted away. Squirrels had moved into the air cleaner. I guess that is to be expected of a car that sat under a walnut tree since 1982. I work at home on my computer so I have that real short comute from bed to desk. That gives me all the time I need to work on cars.
I have bought all the cars I have restored out of fields and such.
I have gotten to the point I can fabricate floor boards from scratch. It is not that hard if you have the correct tools. If not there are a lot of little tricks. The hardest part is making it look like you were never there. Then not telling everyone about all the hours you were there.
Thanks for reading my little rant. I will edit and add as I think needs as time goes on.(This is a first and fast draft.
Karl