Re: IML: Undercoating removal

Gee-
This is got to be one of the best methods of undercoating removal.  I imagine that it will make a quick job of melting the crud on the gas tank straps/bolts.  Oh yeah, you might want to do this outside the garage, in case the WHOLE CAR catches on fire!  Hey, I've done stupid things before...But that's another story...
Scott
Klamath Falls, OR
'63 Mayan gold Crown 4-door w/ flightsweep "GG"
'68 faded Haze green Crown 2-door "Ugly"
'70 Poly lime green Town and Country 9-passenger w/ factory 440 and dual intake/exhaust (family inheritance)
'73 baby blue LeBomba 4-door ($1,500 car lot special, nearly perfect in and out)"BB"
'73 turquoise LeBaroness w/ white leather/top 2-door (Turquoise beauty)
Aaand the newest acquistion:  '69 LeBaron 4-door (big green machine)

"GREG,
I ONCE REMOVED ALL OF THE UNDERCOATING ON THE FRONT END OF MY '60 C----
BY SCRAPING AND DIGGING UNTIL I THOUGHT I WOULD SCREAM, AND THEN I GOT
AN IDEA----I USED A PROPANE TORCH, WHICH MELTED THE UNDERCOAT QUICKLY
AND, WHILE IT WAS WARM, IT CAME OFF WITH RELATIVELY NO HARD WORK.
LOTS OF NASTY AND A PROMISE TO NEVER DO IT AGAIN!
JERRY LANDIS, '81 FS AND OTHERS"