Sent: Tuesday, May 09, 2006 7:40 AM
Subject: IML: Promotional Model of 1956 Imperial

I stopped by a local dealer's parts department yesterday to pick up a quart
of ATF+4 transmission fluid. While waiting for the counterman to fetch it,
I was looking at the display case containing the MoPar promotional items
(ballcaps, t-shirts, etc.) when, tucked away in back, half-hidden by coffee
mugs, I spotted a black, scale-model (looked like 1/25th or so) 1956
Imperial. It is not a kit; rather, it is fully assembled and attached to a
woodbase. The counterman didn't seem to know much about it, other than
Chrysler brought it out a few years ago and the dealer only has the one
remaining. My interest would be in a '55, not a '56 but I thought I might
buy it to offer on eBay.

Anyone have any information about this '56 Imperial model from Chrysler;
when it came out, is it part of a series, any information at all would be of
interest.

Thanks