RE: Insurance thoughts (was Re: IML: costs in Mississippi, and request f

RE: Insurance thoughts (was Re: IML: costs in Mississippi, and request for insurance specifics)

For an antique/classic/collector car, use the collector car insurance, not
standard car insurance.  For one thing, the adjusters they use know of
value guides other than the Kelley Blue Book.  They also have a better
understanding of non-standard cars.  I don't have collision on mine, but I
do have comprehensive so if a tree falls on it, or a tornado comes and
drops the building on it, or if the building burns down, it is covered by
stated value insurance.  I have 4 cars for a total of $20,000 value, with
$300,000 limit and it costs me a total of $122 a year.  I have had a
tornado drop a building on one of mine, and there was no arguement.  Now
my daily driver that was sitting in the same garage, well, I no longer
have State Farm.  They had both the house and the regular cars at the
time.  Grundy had my antiques.
   An umbrella is an umbrella, no matter what your underlying policy is,
as long as you have high enough limit on the underlying to meet the
needs of the Umbrella.
   On a specific antique policy, the collision is not that expensive, either.
   I have driven antiques to shows all over the country, and never had a
problem.  What you don't want to do is get caught driving it to work
every day.