IML: more carb questions

I have one of those carbs on my 67 Imperial.  There are no electric connections as the original choke is mechanical and opens from the heat of the intake manifold.  It sounds like something is not original.  Also somewhere in the FSM shows the throttle linkage hookup and springs.  A mechanic hooked one of them up wrong and I was able to find it in the FSM.