Re: IML: PN for voltage regulator

Thanks for all the info on my carburator Guys. Does anybody know the Part # for my ajustable voltage regulator ? The ones I have seen on rockauto look nothing like mine.

Thanks again List.

Luis

Elijah Scott <imperial1971@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
louis colon <luis10241@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I installed teh carburator and it was a lot easier than I thought. With that electric choke I only had to pump the pedel twice and it stayed on. I usally have to do this 7 or 8 times to get her started and idling by itself. That in its self is great. I have one question where the old choke was on the manifold it had a piece that came out and conected to the old choke. It has a clip and if you push it down it springs back up. Do I need to connect this some how or can I leave it like that.
Hi Louis,

Glad to hear that the carburetor was easy to install!  I think you'll be happy with the results.

The piece that comes out of the manifold is the linkage that originally connected the thermostatic spring (in the manifold) to the choke flap on the carburetor.  On my car, I simply removed this piece.  There are two bolts that hold the spring assembly in place.  I believe that if you remove these two bolts, you'll be able to remove the spring and linkage.  There should be a "cup" underneath that you can leave in place to cover the hole in the manifold.

Or you can just leave it as is.  I doubt anyone will ever notice.  :o)

Thanks,

Elijah

Luis Colon
1968 Blue Convertable,1974 Chysler New Yorker.