Re: IML: IML DIGEST

<SNIP>

Date: Sat, 20 May 2006 23:16:25 -0700
Subject: IML: leather hiudes for Interior
Hi All...think I did something wrong when I sent this question earlier....
...CAn someone please tell me how much leather I will need to redo the 'pearlescent white' interior in my 1966 convertible?....how many 'hides' or square feet.
Thanks all!
Dan Melnik

<SNIP>

Hi Dan,

Can't tell you how many hides, as all the cows are different! However, you can get your necessary square footage numbers by doing some careful measuring - draw a sketch of the seat parts, then put the measurements down as you take them. Allow for cutting waste - figure the odd-shaped pieces as more squared off than they actually are. Be sure to check to see if parts like the seat backs and side panels are vinyl or not - yes, even Imperials used vinyl, at least there's a bit of it in Lucille. The seating surfaces, armrests, etc will all be leather, but inside gussets etc that don't get personal contact may well be vinyl.

Once you have a rough square footage, THEN you can take those numbers (you will want the numbers for the vinyl too - as it has to be matched) to whoever you have found to supply the leather, and they can quote you the prices.

I'm way out of touch with this kind of work anymore, sorry to not be able to be of more help.

Best of luck with Doris's cosmetic overhaul!

Kate & Lucille (1968 Crown)

Kate Justet Triplett
Homesick Angels LLC
www.IrishHuntersandJumpers.com