RE: IML: odd LeBaron/branding question

I believe the "wings" were the symbol of LeBaron coachworks, so they went with the LeBaron, not the Imperial.

From: Nat Hall <nathall@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 05 Jun 2006 22:33:03 -0700

This one has bugged me for a long time, but I've got to ask.

The 1977-1981 LeBarons retain the Imperial "wings" badge on the taillights,
cornering lights, some even have the Imperial hood ornament. Before I
became more knowledgable on Imperials, I actually always thought these
*were* Imperials.  (When the LeBaron became a K-car in 1982 or 1983 this
disappeared.)

So what's the explanation for this? I thought the wings badge was an
exclusive indication of an Imperial. Are these supposed to be Imperials in
essence (or something) despite the fact the Imperial line had been
discontinued during this time? I've never seen this mentioned or even
acknowledged anywhere in Imperial texts or on our website.

Maybe I just missed something? :)

------------------- Nat Hall 1982 Imperial Coupe 1987 Chrysler New Yorker http://newyorker.digital-forever.com -------------------