Re: IML: Please Welcome Brad Weikert

Beautiful car, Brad! And that's before the renewal! Love the black/burnished
gold leather, and I'm partial to understated Crown 4-door hardtops.

Amusing that sun visors were an option on an Imperial in 1966.

Your wheel covers are from a 1968 Imperial, by the way. The correct ones are
unique to 1966 in that they sit proud of the wheel with a circle of cooling
slots between the perimeter of the wheel cover and the rim itself...hard to
see in photos but try here:

http://imperialclub.com/Repair/Wheels/covers.htm
http://imperialclub.com/Yr/1966/66Preview/Page03.htm
http://imperialclub.com/Yr/1966/Jorgensen/Tire.jpg

The more visible clue to 1966 wheel covers is where the valve stem pokes
through. The 1967-69 version of the cover (yes, it was used, with annual
paint-scheme changes, for four models and on three different body designs)
had the valve stem outside the diecast finned insert. On the 1966 wheels
only, it pokes out through the finned insert. Using the later design tends
to put sideways stress on the valve stem, but a number of list members have
reported using them with no ill effect. The '66 wheel is different from the
later wheel, by the way, hence the cover change.

That last link above also shows the correct paint scheme: flat black in the
center crater, a ring of flat black just outside the center ring, matte
silver behind the finned insert, and matte silver in the outermost
indentation. The 1967 wheel cover uses the same paint scheme.

I don't remember when Chrysler changed the logo on the Airtemp decal, but I
suspect the more scriptlike one on the side window predates your car and
that the one on the rear window is correct. Both are available as
reproductions.

Hope the car drives as well as it looks good! Keep sharing the pix, please!
(And do explore the 1966 page on the website as there are numerous other
members' cars to inspire you and keep you gazing dreamily until your gets
home.) And welcome to the club!

Chris in LA
67 Crown
78 NYB Salon