Nice touch.  Thanks!

From: mopar48291@xxxxxxx
The assist straps you see over the rear door of 60's LeBarons are called lavaliere straps.  They are there in case the rear seat passenger needs an assist making a graceful exit.  They are also found on limousines such as my '55 Crown.  Another thoughtful touch from the past that distinguishes a top drawer car from the rest.
Cheers,
Roger
'55 Crown, '65 LeBaron and '68 LeBaron with lavaliere straps