IML: Compressor Oil Compatibility-R12 Systems

IML: Compressor Oil Compatibility-R12 Systems

After replacing the condenser, evaporator (and heater core), and expansion
valve on my 82, I need to add some compressor oil. As I understand, the
original oil was mineral based. I have a bottle of "Estercool Oil-R12 & R134
Refrigerant Oil-Compatible with mineral, PAG, Ester, Paraffin". I plan to
recharge the system with a portion of my remaining 11 lbs of R12.

Has anyone experience with this product or additive oils in general? The
label gives me a green light but, having flushed AC systems before, I plan
to proceed with caution.

Phil Brust
Jefferson GA
73 & 82 Imperial