From: FltSgt@xxxxxxx
Sent: Thu, 6 Jul 2006 23:34:07 EDT
Subject: IML: Fwd: 1962 Imperial LeBaron Problems-Need Advice

Hola Ya Guru's Of Repair

Let us lend a helping hand and have it so this guy is not worried any more.

                       Uncle Rodger & Aunt Gabby
                                      Colo Spgs
Attached Message
From: Isenhour <isenhour@vnet.net>
To: FltSgt@xxxxxxx
Subject: 1962 Imperial LeBaron Problems-Need Advice
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2006 23:00:45 -0700
Hey, I’ve been trying to get my question to the Imperial group and it won’t show up.
Can you forward it for me or tell me who do I send it to in order for it to show up to everybody?

Okay first time posting since I just joined having acquired a very nice ’62 LeBaron in Oyster White/Coco leather the other day.
Here’s my 1st  problem:  Engine runs great, idols fine after it’s warmed up a bit but when you put in DRIVE it starts to shake, rattle and shimmy like something is loose.  It’s not the motor supports.  When you get the car going down the road it does fine.
No differential noises and rides smooth and transmission shifts smoothly.  It’s only when I come to a stop that it shakes so bad, almost to the point of cutting off it’s so bad of a shake.  Any ideas on where to start looking for the problem?

2nd problem:  Air conditioning is working and blows cool air.  But when you engage it you see and hear the clutch running like it’s loose or out of balance. Makes a lot of noise like a bearing problem.  Is this an easy fix?  Or am I looking at new clutch/bearings or hole new unit?

Tom Isenhour, Salisbury, NC
New/Old Imperial owner