IML: Yarn Car

I have actually seen this car in person.  It is an
amazing work of art.  Miles of yarn and hundreds of
hours of labor went into its making.  The design of
the yarn is extremely intricate, and there is a
meaning to everything.  Plus, if you notice, he did
not do as so many other "art car" creators tend to and
destroy the essence of the car itself.  Every Imperial
logo, every badge, has been preserved.  The trunklid,
in fact, is a tribute to the Imperial Eagle.  The
interior of the car, likewise, is unmodified and
unmolested.  The yarn is attached to the car via
velcro, which could be removed if so desired to return
the car to stock.

I rode in this car, and you get some really
interesting reactions from pedestrians and other
drivers.  While its asthetics could be debated (I
personally think its beautiful, but what do I know?)
the work, planning, and time involved should at least
be appreciated.  Plus, its so cool to touch!

Besides, its a whole lot better than the car going to
scrap or to a demolition guy.

--Mike

--- Bertil Olsson <bertil.olsson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>