mjusten@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Sunday, July 16, 2006 12:10 PM
To: imperial club
Subject: IML: 66 Imperial IDLE Quality

Hi Everyone

I bought a 66 2dr Crown over a year ago from southern California.  It has
always had a 'Poor Idle'.  When you turn on the A/C, it's awful. Short after
the purchase, i installed a rebuilt compressor, new receiver/drier, and new
expansion valve.  The air is working well now, but I don't like using
because of the idle.
I just took a compression test and all 8 cylinders were between 140 and
150.  The carb was rebuilt just prior to my purchase.  I have recently done
a full tuneup including plugs, wires, points, and condensor.  Recent dual
exhaust also.
The engine takes off great and accelerates well. Runs COOL, doesn't ping,
other exhibit any other performance issues.
This car has the CAP system.  I have by-passed the system and still can't
get any improvement.

Any suggestions?

Marty

66 Crown 2DR