IML: Why buy an Imperial instead of something else?

IML: Why buy an Imperial instead of something else?

What a long thread!  I have owned 23 collector cars in the last 35 years.  I like many different makes and models and I selected the most recent acquisition, my 64 Imperial Convertible, because I liekd the way it looked.  I couldn't care less about the suspension system, or engine size.  There is nothing about that I can do anyway.  I got it because it looks so darn good.  My next one might be a Caddie or Lincoln and, if it is, it's because of the look, not because of coil springs or torsion bars.

I don't care whether or not it handles well, can run the slalom, or even brake well.  The car is what is it, the way it was built and when i get one, I get all it faults and all its advantages.

But the main thing:  Is is purty?

Jay D'Angelo
64 Iml cvt
Las Vegas

Express yourself instantly with Windows Live Messenger