Re: IML: 64 Iml front whee lbalance

I had terrible trouble with a set of tires on my
Imperial.  What I discovered is that an out of round
tire or a bent wheel CAN be perfectly balanced -
according to the machine.  But even a perfect
balancing will not correct the shake you will
encounter with bad tires or bent wheels while going
down the road.

Also, you did not identify the shimmy. Is the wheel
bouncing or do you feel things shaking from side to
side?  If side to side, it is unlikely but still
conceivable that the new parts weren't torqued
correctly allowing the front end to start shaking at
certain speeds.

An engineer once told me that 90% of the time,
vibration is tire-related.  So if you have them
balanced again, stand there and watch carefully for
any laterel movement in the tire or any high spots
while spinning around.  My bet is that you'll find one
or the other.

Chris H.

66 LeBaron