Re: IML: Power Windows

Tim Durrer <tdkd99@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> The power windows on my 73 Imperial have stopped
> working. I suspect the the circuit breaker is at fault

since all of them stopped at once.
Tim -- one problem that I've encountered in a couple of Imperials is that the wiring to the master window switch breaks in the cable that runs from the body to the door.  After 30+ years of the door opening and closing, the wires at this pivot point tend to break, just as they would if you took a piece of wire and bent it back and forth a bunch of times.  If the hot wire to the switch has broken at this point, obviously none of the windows will work.

Try opening the door and moving it around while you activate one of the switches.  You may find a spot where the wire is bent just right to make the connection.

Best luck!

Elijah

Imperial Power Window Switch Repair

Find Repair & Shop Manuals, Parts Books, History & More at The Imperial Bookshelf!

  My Collection of Imperials

1965 Imperial LeBaron
  1967 Chrysler Newport Custom Sedan
  1970 Imperial LeBaron