Re: IML: Gas 'Shelf' Life

My son and I buy and store race fuel for future races and we were told that if it is stored in a container, sealed the entire time and in the temp you mentioned, 50 degrees, it would not loose its available power application or octane rating. If the seal leaks, it will deterioriate. I have found that if fuel is left in a vehicle for a few months, it evaporates and the gummy substance will stick to the float, clog the jets, and seize the metering rods in the jets. It is a brown sticky mess. The best thing is to run the fuel out of the tank and run the engine till the system is empty.
   Sidenote, on newer vehicles, the owners manual said to drain the system of the unleaded fuels if the vehicle is to be left unused for 30 or more days.   That was on my wifes past New Mopars she buys. I love the oldies. Joe Machado