IML: Same eBay Fraudster, Different Car - also AutoTemp

IML: Same eBay Fraudster, Different Car - also AutoTemp

Yes, IML'rs, that fraudster is still trolling eBay for
deposits of $2,500 against buy-it-now prices of $5,000
for cars obviously worth a lot more.

The one I stumbled over yesterday is a 1961 Cadillac
(of which I have five, myself). The item number on
eBay is 290074802063 . Here's a link:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=019&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=290074802063&rd=1,1

I knew it was the same fraudster as our famous "Diane
Lane", when I received an email from "Desiree Cook"
with precisely the same text as the response posted on
the IML from "Diane Lane" to Dave Wilker about that
Chrysler 300. "She" isn't using that Chicago-Hawaii
portal anymore, to get around while her car is in
Turlock, CA. No, this Cadillac is listed on eBay as
being in Oklahoma, while the oft-copied direct email
says the car is in Harrison, AR.

Based on these two events, and now fortified by the
reports of Jay D'Angelo's Imperial being used as bait,
I have to conclude that the only safe way to buy a car
on eBay is to go and see it for yourself, or hire a
pair of local eyes to verify the car's existence and
condition.

Here's some more Imperial content: for the fellows who
have been discussing the AutoTemp II system on the
list, please keep posting. I've got two 68 Imps and no
one around here (Toronto area) will even consent to
look at them. The convertible's AutoTemp system has
been butchered several times previously, and so I've
just given up any hope of having heat or a/c. I just
have to be satisfied with whatever comes in the
window.

Dick Woodside