IML: Ripped off in Wyoming

Warning to all people going on interstate 80 between Denver and Salt Lake.  There is a town called Green River Wyoming.  In this town is a towing company that has a Rent a Wreck Car Rentals and car repair named Transmission & Engine Repair.  It is owned by Jeffery T. Wharton.  Phone number 307-875-8118 or 1-800-479-4702 Fax number 307-875-8115.  This man is a crook.  My 1955 Imperial broke a water pump and the fan went through the radiator outside of this town.  This person told Hagertey, my insurance company that they would tow us to town for $240 dollars and get us back on the road.  I ran down all the parts for the car, paid for the parts and help put them on.  My final bill was $1368.93.  He charged us $240 for the tow and charged $150 to Hagertey Insurance.  This makes the tow bill $400 to go 20 miles.  He charged me $550 dollars for a piece of crap car that had a busted windshield and was filthy dirty.  This car was used to haul greasy parts and got grease all over our suitcases.  Here is the worst part.  I could have rented a new car from Avis for $75.00 less for the same period.  Beware!!  Labor to R&R my water pump and radiator was $482.85.  No parts, fluids or gaskets I bought all of this stuff.  I cleaned the block, hauled the radiator to the repair shop, found all of the parts and he just had his non- English speaking Hispanic do the mechanic part.  I feel this is excessive price gouging.  We were told that we would get breaks on prices and it never happened.  Don't trust this man, he is a crook.
Roger Crabtree  Billings, Montanaaaaaaaa

Food fight? Enjoy some healthy debate
in the Yahoo! Answers Food & Drink Q&A.