Re: IML: Lead Additive

> From: "Richard Porter Jr." <y-porter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: IML: Lead Additive
>
> I own a 1966 Chrysler Imperial.  Some mechanics say use a lead
> additive, plus premium gas, and some say just use premium gas. I'm
> confused.  What do the Imperialist use?

The lead or lead substitute mostly helps when driving fast and hot, or under other heavy load conditions. That being said, when I can afford it I mix in about a quarter of a tank of 110 octane leaded racing fuel. That cushions the valve seats, and gets the octane up around 95-97, where it really belongs.

   -Kle.
   '69 Crown 4DHT (currently in reserve)