Re: IML: 200+...go for it

Imho,

We - the IML List that is - already have content filters to catch dirty words and the IMPCOPS to keep things in moderation ( I know because Ive had the occasion to run afoul of each in my time ) so as far as someone wanting to go 200 mph in their car, or do whatever modifications and such as they see fit, I say go for it, tell us how it went, take photos, lets see it on the website too.

There is much to be said about the possibility of something going wrong and someone being hurt or worse in this, but there is risk in everything we do. Perhaps the odds are greater at 200, but in the end either it goes south and someone gets hurt or it doesnt.

Point is, none of us are going to make someone else do or not do what we want or as we might, and while theres nothing wrong about offering cautions, its just not something we really can collectively endorse or condemn.

Now, if I can figure out a way to mount the J-52 turbojet in my classroom in a 62.....14000 lbs of thrust ........who wants to meet me in Bonneville next spring and is there a way to carry enough fuel to get the thing PAST 200?

Mikey