Marcs '67 Rear Axle Noise.

  This sounds to me like something is wrong with the axle-bearing on the
drivers-side. Marc,when you mention "axle bearings",I would have to assume
that you mean the bearing that is located behind each
brake/backing-plate...and NOT the carrier bearings in the pumpkin. I'd be
pulling off the drivers-side rear drum..inspect the brake..then disassemble
to you get to the bearing.

Steve(been off-line for 3 days)from Albany,N.Y.
'75 Imp 4dr <--scheduled for work after my summer daily-driver.
'79 440 powered 35 ft RV <--hopefully the ceiling dries out soon.
I have another mystery which seems to defy solution- I just had the chunk
and the axle bearings replaced on the 67 the pinion bearing went out on the
old one. However, now I have a new noise - when I make a right turn at high
speed or slow down to come to a stop I hear a rubbing or grinding noise from
what seems to be the drivers side rear a sort of wump wump sound. Has anyone
had this experience? If so please enlighten me.
Thanks in advance for any help.

Marc

67 Crown Coupe