1937 Door configuration

I don't know about other years but in 1937 and 1938 the front doors were
hinged in the front and the back doors were hinged in the rear.  This
would make only the rear doors suicide doors.  This term was applied to
doors that were hinged so that the wind would blow them open if unlatched
when the car was moving.  This was not a very safe configuration but it
gave a lot of room for entry and egress.

I think this was quite common on pre-war cars.  (WWll)
I believe some of the later limo's had this also.  A lot of British and
Continental roadsters had suicide doors.  ( In front, of course, as
roadsters have no rear doors.)

Nearly fallen out of a '37 a couple of times myself.

4 - Toes