1973 Brake Booster Replacement

Chad,

I've been through the same brake booster experience as you. Replacing a
booster once is bad enough. Having to repeat the process because of
low-quality replacements is infuriating.

My '71 Imperial was on its third booster in so many weeks before I gave up
on supply houses. I turned to the yellow pages to find a local rebuilder.

One rebuilder said the most boosters from the chain stores are
remanufactured by factories outside of the county. According to him, most
of those factories don't replace the entire booster diaphram as they
should, but rather patch holes and cracks in the old diaphram.

I forget how much it was to have the booster rebuilt. It was under $100 for
sure. Regardless of cost, having the booster WORK without fail thereafter
was priceless.

So, check your local phone book. If there's no one there, try one of the
rebuilders who advertise in the hobby press.

Good Luck!
Dave