3. Live steam comes to TTM again

Ahh, the thrill of live steam.  it's a romance all of it's own.  And it's
coming back to TTM!  In the delightful form of "Pearl," a 1 1/2 inch scale
locomotive that rides on 7 1/2 inch gauge track.  This a is a scale model
big enough to ride on and that's exactly what we intend to do.  Use it to
give passenger rides.  This is going to be an awesome addition to the
museum, and, once again, we have Mark Burns to thank for it.  The engine and
the three cars, not to mention 300 feet of track, were bought by him at
considerable expense, and he has graciously and unselfishly decided to use
it at the museum.  In fact it is already here, nestling securely out of
sight for now.

Wait, it gets better.  Much better.  "Retired" volunteer Leon Schwarck
intends to donate his prized engine, the "Tom Thumb," as well.  Leon has had
this engine for years and used it on innumerable occasions at live steam
shows, including one held at the museum a few years ago.  He and his wife,
Eva, want to donate the engine and the car that comes with it, called,
without coincidence, the "Eva," to TTM and we look forward to it's arrival
with the keenest anticipation.

And, there's more.  Ben Bennett, one of the world's very useful people, have
found out an inexpensive way to build more track.  The outline plan will
need at least 1,500 feet of it, not to mention at least one elevated bridge,
and to buy the track is an expensive proposition.  There is a way, Ben has
found, to use regular 3 3/8 X 1 inch bar stock which will be pressed into
notches cut out on the ties.  This brings the cost of the track enormously
and reduce manufacturing time considerable.

This latest addition has the potential to be a big hit with the public and
we look forward to bringing the plans into fruition as expediently as
possible