fuselage vent windows

mopar2@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> I believe the first year to have optional vent windows, at least on the
> coupe was 69. I have no vents on my 69 coupe & it does make the car appear
> longer & more streamlined.

The 1969 sales brochure lists "Electric vent windows" as optional on all
three Imperial models. No manual vents are listed.

Oddly, on the 2-door LeBaron only, it says "Electric vent windows (not
available with air conditioning)." I cannot imagine why this would be the
case, as you could have vents and a/c on the 4-doors.

Then again, I cannot for the life of me figure out why floor mats would have
been listed as "Not available with 400 engine" on my '78 New Yorker Brougham
either...

The 1969 brochure also lists the low-line Imperial Crown 4-door sedan as
"Crown Imperial" on the equipment page. Wishful thinking?

Chris in LA
67 Crown
78 NYB Salon