New [ & Old ] OIC Content

Kenyon wrote:

> I want to call your attention to the plight of your
> own car's yearly page (been by lately? Tsk Tsk!).

> There has to be more stuff in drawers and behind
> workbenches out there!  Please consider returning the
> positive energy that you get here by rummaging for
> anything related to your car that you might
> contribute.  One does not, after all, own an Imperial
> or belong to this list casually.

> If you run across anything that says "Imperial" on it
> (I even have some Aussie Imperial Humber ads!), or see
> anything even remotely relevant (such as the station
> wagon ads that actually list Imperial on them),
> PLEASE!!!  Help by lending them to us so that we can
> scan them and return them to you.

I heartily agree with Kenyon.  There is an amazing amount of Imperial
related stuff, or that's what I have found about 1958's.  Of course they
made no less than ten full colour ads for the car in this year, plus one off
black & white ads for trade specific outlets.  I bought a good, inexpensive
scanner, an Acer ( AcerScan 620U ) on the advice of a friend of mine who is
head of a major company IT dept, and for $80, I have a lot of facility with
it.

In my opinion, the main thing lacking on the 1958 page, if not all the
pages, is pictures of list member cars.  Anyone can add an old advert or
article, but I find myself drawn to pictures of cars belonging to members I
feel like I know.  Steve Bryan's 1959, Eileen, comes to mind, or Leslie's
67, Titanic.  And don't get me started on Jim Martin's amazing 39 limo,
which is one of the few examples of a before and after restoration to be
found on the site.

It is best to include at least a minor amount of text to go with the
pictures.  As much as you like but at least to say when you bought it, maybe
why you bought it, what you have had to do to get it running properly,
including nothing, if you are that lucky, and what you like to do with the
car, from cruises and vacations, to once a year show and shine events.

Many photo outlets, even at supermarkets, will put your snaps onto a disc
for you at a very reasonable price.  This will make keeping and sharing your
pics a "snap."

Hugh