Imperials at Atlantic City Auction

I was just wondering if any IMLers attended the auction/swap meet in
Atlantic City, NJ this weekend. My wife and I arrived at  9 AM Friday and
spent about three hours picking through the swap meet. I added 4 more pieces
to my ever-growing miniature car collection which now numbers over 3500
vehicles! Then it was time to peruse the car corral and auction area. As
usual, Imperials are few and far between, however there were a few to be
seen. The first Imperial we spotted was a rather sad looking '57 two-door
Southampton being touted as"freshly restored". This was a very tired example
with a poor "Earl Scheib" type paint job, a rusty engine room, and sheet
metal screws through some of the moldings. Next was a very presentable '66
Crown Coupe in a champaign color with no vinyl roof. Then we saw the most
spectacular '68 Imperial convertible I've ever come across! The
arrow-straight body was flawlessly finished in a medium blue metallic set
off by a perfect black leather interior and a black top. The fully loaded
convertible was dripping with perfect chrome including all emblems and trim
and also sported an interesting history, having been purchased originally by
the CEO of Johnson & Johnson. I'll be dreaming about this one for many years
to come, but the $30,000 price was too much for me, so I'll keep
dreaming.....

Ross Klein
'56 Imperial sedan, two-tone green
'78 NYB 4 dr. Golden Fawn
'Life's too short to drive 'ordinary' cars"