What body is an Imperial? Brakes?

426 Hemi wrote:

>    What body is a 66 Imperial?  I mean is it an A,E, what?  How hard is it
> to change a single resovoir brake system to a dual resovoir system?  I have
> the lines and porportional valve.  But, I was told I needed a master
> cylinder from a drum brake car.  What is the difference in drum brake master
> cylinders and disc brakes?  Thanks.
>
> Ken
> 66 Crown Coupe

     It is a "D" body.  To change to a dual master cylinder,
order a drum brake master cylinder for a '67 C body such as
a Monaco or Fury.  You need the drum brake cylinder for the
residual pressure valves it has in it.  Then you can get an
assortment of plugs and lines to convert your plumbing.
Plug the junction block where the rear line comes out.
Plumb the front outlet of the master cylinder to the rear
line, using the right adaptor at the cylinder, a length of
new line, and the right size union connecting to the rear
line.  Then plumb the rear outlet of the master cylinder to
the junction block to serve the two front lines.  The reason
for crossing the front and rear reservoirs is because that's
the way Mopar did it, so for future reference it will be
right.
     This method has worked for me in converting two of my
older Mopars so far without going to the late model disc
brakes, etc.

Bill Parker, South Central Indiana
'62 Plymouth Max Wedge; '65 Imperial; '65 Barracuda \6
(Kathi's car); '68 Hemi Roadrunner
'68 Barracuda Fastback 383-S; '69 Barracuda Fastback now 360
(20 y.o. son's car); '72 Cuda 340