Trunklid on eBay

I am positive it is not for a '59. I have hand rubbed the one on my '59 three times now, and am more familiar with it than my own complexion! I think the Chrysler theory sounds the most feasible. If I were bidding on it, I would ask for a money back guarantee if it didn't fit. It is the obligation of the seller to honestly research what they are selling, rather than just throw it out there on here say. A few weeks ago, another seller had a hubcap they were saying was for a '59 Imperial, which I knew it was not. I personally researched this hubcap, and the closest thing I could find to it was a '57 Ford, or possibly Thunderbird, but I really think it was an aftermarket replacement sold for Fords, by a place like J.C. Whitney. When I. E-mailed the seller about the hubcap, they E-mailed back that it came off a '59 Imperial. I E-mailed back that it may have come off a '59 Imperial, but it was not the hubcap made for the '59 Imperial, and further added that no Imperial ever had such a cheap one piece stamped out hubcap. I never heard back from the seller, and as far as I know, no one ever bid on it.
Bill '59 Crown