Flite Sweep DeckLids

Ahem, Ahem
       Henry, apparently your 61 did not come with it originally  either
so that would also add to the scarceness of these lids as well. As far as
originality is concerned, that would make yours unoriginal as well. From
this way of thinking, anything that was not on the car from the factory
would make it wrong. Lets carry it a little further. if we put improved
components into the engine, or radial tires etc on the car to improve it,
then that also screws it up.
    I believe that our Imperials were very advanced pieces of machinery
for their time and were built better than almost all the other
automobiles of their day. If something could be improved upon to make it
a better car or nicer to the owners taste then that is something that the
individual owner should go ahead and do. If the option or improvement was
something that was offered by the dealer instead of the factory, that
would not necessarily make it unoriginal . If I went to a dealer in 62
and bought the car and told the dealer the only way I would take the car
was with the toilet seat, rest assured he would order one and install it
and the car would be delivered with one and the price would probably be
on the window sticker as well as the invoice, thus making it original.
      Enough with the grousing about deck lids already. Lets just enjoy
these fine cars, each in our own way, as long as we don't hurt anyone or
destroy anything.
  Lifes to short to worry about everything being just so perfect, that
will come later.

  Allan R
   62 conv with toilet seat soon

40894&r=0&t=0>http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-cgi/ebayISAPI.dll?ViewIte