Imperial brakes

    Here's my problem:
   1964 thru 1966 Imperials

      4 wheel drum brakes with single outlet M/C going to a distribution

fitting/T-fitting which then has an outlet for each front brake and a
single outlet goin to rear brakes. Therefore a distribution block with 1

inlet(from M/C) and 3 outlets.

      I have found a late model car with front disc/rear drums. It has a

dual outlet M/C with both pipes going to a proportioning(?) valve with 4

outlets(1 to each wheel) and an electrical connector presumably going to

"brake warning light" in dash.

  My questions are:
  1. With the new M/C installed in my 64/66 Imperial(it's a perfect fit)

what problems do I run into if any, with the operation of the
proportioning valve?
  2. With only 1 brake line to the rear axle,what happens if I use only
1 rear outlet and plug the other 1 off? Would I also then have to plug 1

of the front outlets and plumb both front brakes on 1 outlet and the
same for the rear brakes? If I did that (and it worked!) I would at
least
have 2 separate circuits for my brakes as opposed to the 1 only I have
now for the whole car.

  Your thoughts on this are greatly appreciated.
  Thanks
  Don Savard

64 Crown 4DHTP       64 Crown Coupe
65 Crown Coupe       66 Crown Coupe