1976 Chrysler New Yorker Brougham: odometer & seatbelt

1976 Chrysler New Yorker Brougham: odometer & seatbelt

QUESTION:

I am driving a '76 NYB.  I recently had the 440 engine rebuilt and installed
dual exhausts.  It runs great, with lots of power at any speed.

My speedo tops out at 100 mph indicated and at about 105 it hits the post.
My odometer is unpredictable.  It does not keep accurate mileage at all and
counts at different slow rates, so it is useless.

Can I replace the odometer only without having to replace the entire speedo
unit?  Can I replace or repair parts for the odometer?  The repaired
odometer may indicate miles or kilometers.  Accurate mileage would be
preferable but kilometers would be OK too.  Where can I get parts?

If I must replace the entire speedo, where can I get one?  I would prefer it
in miles, but will accept kilometers per hour, if necessary.  Is there a
unit, which will fit, which will report higher speeds?  My car will go a lot
faster than the mere 100 mph indicated.  I normally do not drive that fast,
so that's not a big deal either.

My thanks to Steve Dennison of Cedar Rapids, Ia.  He sent me a clock without
receiving any payment in advance.  What a great guy!  I haven't installed it
yet.  That's to be done at the next regular oil change.

When I bought this car, it was up and down on the hoist so much, that I was
putting more miles on it vertically than horizontally!  Now, I'm still
getting the little things fixed.

ANOTHER QUESTION

My seat belt on the passenger side, front seat, has a very weak return
spring.  I have to guide the belt in very gently, or it will twist and jam.
My mother and girlfriend both seem to have no understanding of the technique
of retracting the belt, so I am constantly at the passenger door fiddling
with it.  How can I correct this problem?  Do I need to buy a complete seat
belt assembly or can the spring be adjusted?

If you can respond to my questions, please also copy to my email address at:

alan__harper@xxxxxxxxx

Thanks for the help, guys.