dash lights and interior

> on, and I can't dim them -- but then I've never
> wanted to dim my dash
> lights anyway.  Does anyone ever actually do that?

Yeah, ever since I got my thumbwheel a wheelin' I love
to adjust the brightness.  At idle I often crank it
up, since the alternator output is less, but on the
highway i turn it down since the alternator is
cranking there...also I hate bright lights staring at
me in the face while driving a dark, deserted stretch
of road.

Ever drive down a completely deserted, completely
unlit highway at night with dash lights off?  Its
surreal.

The only thing I don't understand is the interplay b/t
the interior lights and the dash lights.  If I rotate
the wheel past the stop to turn the int. lights on,
the dash lights go off.  Once, playing with it while
driving, I was able to get the two to come on
simultaneously.  Was this a fluke?  What is the design?

=====
--Mike Pittinaro

My girlfriend left me
My trusty Imperial