68 TNT option Lebaron and Crown

At 11:03 AM 4/12/2002 -0400, you wrote:
>.....My 1966 Crown Conv. (purchased about 12 years ago-she was originally
>from Florida) has a motor with metallic (?) lime-green valve covers and a
>air cleaner with the 'Hi-Performance TNT' sticker on it. I

Dan,
I think that the "TNT" package in 66 had the same camshaft as the
"standard" engine.  It only offered a dual snorkel and dual exhaust (which
if you think about it, its not an insignificant improvement because the
single snorkel cleaner and single exhaust handicap engine performance quite
a bit, especially at high engine speed).  Now, was that stock or not?  I
couldn't tell.  The convertibles usually came from the factory though with
the "sportier" package.  Silencing the engine in a convertible by means of
choking makes even less sense.
D^2