A/C parts help please!

Yes, you can 'de-install' the autotemp.  I did it.  It is a pain and and you need a 'manual' heater/ac/etc control panel from a non autotemp Imp or Chrysler.  The panels are the same size so it looks perfect.  Then you have to remove all the autotemp stuff and figure out where all the vacuum lines go.  I think I wrote about this on my 73 saga.  Go to the 73 page on the IML site and look at Kerry's 73 restoration saga.  I might still have a vacuum diagram I drew while I was upside down on my head.  Email me private if you want it and I'll try and help.  You also need a standard heater control valve to mount on the fender liner.  They're cheap.

You can also get new autotemp boxes for about 400 bucks.  Don't have the URL but I'm sure someone will post it for you,

Kerryp