Sent: Friday, April 19, 2002 10:07 PM
Subject: IML: coolant system

Thanks Loren for your coolant system suggestions. I took my old girl out for a drive today, and noticed it was running pretty hot. I had bought a new 7 pound cap for it earlier, but did not put it on yet since I wanted to wait for the car to cool down. After taking it out for a little spin, it was really getting up there in degrees, around 210 and climbing. I got home parked it and turned it off, but at those temperatures, I would not even attempt to mess with it, so tomorrow morning when it is cool, I will add some coolant, and put on the new cap, hopefully it will fit. Then I will go out in search of an overflow canister. I'm hoping this will cure everything, and that the problem is not bigger, like maybe a radiator leak. Thanks again,
Bill '59 Crown