'63 Update and part wanted

Good Morning All,
       Well, my buddy from down the street came down the other night and prodded me into putting a battery in the old girl and trying to start her.  I grabbed an old ignition switch from a D-200 I parted (for which I have a key) and plugged it into the '63 temporarily.  Took the last 3 gallons of gas for the garden tractor (sternly admonished by momma for that one) and after less that 10 seconds of cranking, she roared to life!  The PO reported that the car had not been run in about a year and a half, but it appeared that there was still some fuel in the AFB!  Try that with a Holley!
       At any rate, she seems to run, and better yet, would move if not still strapped to the trailer.  With my foot firmly on the brake (yes, I even have brake pedal!) cycling the buttons through their entire range brought the appropriate reaction from the car.
       So today, I'll call and get insurance on her, and hopefully get to town to the Secretary of State's office for title transfer and a temporary plate.  I found a gentleman near Detroit who has a '62 plate and '63 tab, and they are on their way.  Given all the ridiculous legislation floating around in Michigan right now, I plan to take full advantage of the "Authentic Plate" registration before the special interests screw that up too.  These knuckleheads seem to forget that Detroit is the home of the auto industry.... sheesh....
       Anyway, then it's off to the exhaust shop first thing tomorrow morning for some pipes (duals Mikey!) and mufflers.  With any luck, I'll be taking her to Green Acres Friday night for the local cruise-in (back row, of course, until she looks a little better).  I think I'll have a good look at the brake lines before leaving, just for piece of mind.  I found some pieces of new line in the back that the PO had left, which makes me think that they had either a) replaced the lines, or b) were about to replace the lines.  Better have a good look.

       One thing that is conspicuously missing is the hood ornament!  The '68 not having one, I never really noticed until I found a piece of the ornament in the ash tray (horrors!).  Are there any used ones floating about, or will I have to make one?

       More late breaking news as it happens... we now return you to your regularly scheduled e-mails.

Thanks,
Steve Charette
Imperial Services
www.imperialservices.net