64 Lebaron Vinyl Top Questions

Hi Jeff:

My thoughts are paint the whole car royal tuquoise.  That is such a
beautiful and fairly uncommon color, that I think the car would look
great.  I'm reminded of Chris Hawkins' great looking dark (deep??) plum
66 LeBaron and how elegant and limousine-like it looks in one solid
color.  Yours would look equally attractive, I think.

I don't think painting it white would look as good.  For some reason,
that would seem to be a bit less elegant than a solid color to me.  Also,
I would not use an incorrect vinyl either.  The vinyl grain on your
Imperial was unique and particularly suited to the car.  To use something
else would, in my opinion, detract from it.

As always, there is no absolutely right or wrong decision but that's my
opinion.

Take care,
Ken