'67 and '68 radio pricing

Dick Benjamin wrote:
> The price is given for 1968, but not for 1967.  In 1968, the price was
> $294.85; the 8 track player was an additional $136.60, for a grand total of
> $431.45, if I did that right.  On a car which listed for $5653, that's a lot
> of money for 'tunes!

Expensive, indeed (and about the same price as AutoTemp!). But the far less
cutting-edge set-up in 1967 was not that much cheaper. The AM/FM Golden
Touch monaural radio was $227.75, plus another $36.90 for the rear-seat
speaker and reverberator, so for $264.68 you got no tape player and mono
sound. Granted the '68 setup was 50% more cash, but you got new technology
and a tape player so you could enjoy your Henry Mancini and Montovani
collection behind the wheel of your Imperial!

Interestingly, the most expensive option on my '63 Dart (besides the
pushbutton Torqueflite) is the AM radio. About $165!

Chris in LA

(PS, thanks for the kind words, Dick! Coming from someone as knowledgeable
as you, they mean all the more!)