Please Welcome a new Member Gary Thomas '72

Please Welcome a new Member Gary Thomas '72

New Subscriber(s): Gary Thomas
Email Address is: a.w.supplies@xxxxxxxxxxx
Member Location: Wisconsin

Car(s) owned: I recently bought a 1972 Imperial Lebaron 4-door hard top
(blue)
Fully loaded with 58000 miles on it. It has a build code of E85 which
is suppose to be a 440ci 4-bbl 375hp, it says (RB) family on a sticker
under the hood. Could this be right?

Self-Introduction: I use to have a 1970 Imperial and before that a 1976 New
Yorker
Brougham and now the 72. I have had many other large cars but have
always enjoyed the big Chryslers.
The 1972 is in great shape it just needs a little attention some of
which I hope you will be able to help with in the way of parts and tips.
I have a rear window that does not work I removed the motor with ease
from your great tips on motor removal, the motor runs so I took the gear
box apart to find everything in great shape except for the tiny pieces
of what I assume is the rubber disc you talked about. I have no clue
as to what it looked like, it's outside diameter or inside diameter
or shape. Has anybody made one before or can you get repair kits?
The motor is a American Bosch #M0581331A 2999336 Mfg Date: 7-27-71.
I also could use help finding the part that controls the temperature
of the water on the Auto-Temp II, I understand it was quite common for
the plastic lower part to crack. I will be anxiously waiting for any replys
or suggestions I did not realize there would be a club like this, and I'm
glad to be a part of it.