Removing interior side panel

About a week ago I decided to open up the area around the rear window, since
I've been lubricating the power drivers side window, it is now working like a
charm. The only other window which I know is functioning at this time is the
rear passenger side, but it's extremely sluggish. I was going to remove the
side panel (I have a 2 door), but could not figure out how to do it. Do you
have to remove the back seat? I tried taking off the chrome part of the
armrest, but it was attached inside most likely by wires to the cigarette
lighter. With a California summer coming on, I'd like to be able to open more
than one window, especially when cruising by the beach!
Bill '59 Crown