72 Le Baron Radio

The pig tail you refer to on the 72 radio could be the connection used for the
optional casette player.  This optional piece of Chyrsler sound equipment was
discussed a couple of weeks ago.  The casette player would have mounted on the
floor of the car just under the dash board.  The player requires an am/fm radio
with the pig tail.  It could be that you have the up graded radio necessary to
install the casette option - or something is just disconnected.

If you are getting sound on the AM setting I would bet there is nothing
disconnected.

I know from prior experience that finding after market radios and dash plates
to mount them is a challenge.  Good luck there.

Happy motoring

Dale
68 Crown Coupe
60 NY T&C, 2 door, sedan, 4 door hardtop
71 NY sedan