Sent: Friday, May 10, 2002 2:56 PM
To: mailing-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: IML: Aftermarket radio mountings

I also hate butchering an original dash to install a working radio or tape/cd player.  Even if I don't damage the dash irrepairably, it just never seems to look... right.

For those interested, I am currently working on a project to develop glove-box inserts that allow the installation of aftermarket radios in the glove box (while still leaving room for a pair of gloves).  I'm finding that the Imperials (mine, anyway) have nearly enough room in the ashtray cavity, so I'm pursuing that option for my '63.

Please contact me privately (offline) if you're interested in developing an application for your vehicle (Imperial only, please).

Steve Charette