Line level radio input? WAS: 1972 LeBaron Am/Fm problem

Line level radio input? WAS: 1972 LeBaron Am/Fm problem

>  Whoever was having a problem with the FM band on their 1972 LeBaron's
> radio I have two suggestions. The first would be to squirt some rubbing
> alcohol into the bandswitch and slide it back and forth several times. It
> is quite likely that the switch has been sitting in the AM position for
> so long that it has built up a nice layer of dirt and oxidation on the FM
> contacts.

Thanks Alan! I actually tried some tuner cleaner. Sprayed some in there,
moved the switch back and forth... no luck. I think it's pretty unanimous
that the problem is the little pigtail that hangs out the back of the
radio. Apparently I'm supposed to have some sort of terminator or jumper in
there, and mine is missing. Seems like most listers agree that this is the
cause of my FM radio woes.

Thanks all for your suggestions. Rather than replacing the radio (hard) I'm
going to oblige myself to a fellow list member who offered a spare jumper
(easy) that should get me back on the FM road.

It occurred to me after all the answers regarding the function of that
little pigtail on the back of my radio... if that connector was originally
used for the tape input, it stands to reason that I could add a multi-disk
CD player in the trunk, and connect it to the factory radio through that
nifty little pigtail, right? Does anyone have any technical info about the
functions of the pins in that little pigtail? A CD enabled factory radio
would be the bomb for sure!

Best,

DD