'57 oil filter

Ther's a four  '57 (and previous years) oil filters on ebay (item
1828605429). Interesting is the fact that during 1957 year
Chrysler put a "short" oil canister with a different base so
later '57 have the "short" oil filter. My '57 had the "tall" oil
filter but i put the "short" from my wrecked '57 (i  didn't
remember why but perhaps because the oil filter base was bad or
because short oil cartridges are more common)
So if you have a '57 look at the engine number (not the VIN) when
you buy oil filters. According to the ebay item the "tall"
element goes "up to engine C57 10102".

--
Philippe COURANT (Pau, France)
Imperial 57 Crown convertible